As the weather changes (and in Chicago, that can be in an instant!), we’re bracing ourselves for the onslaught of the winter blahs…the snow, the salt, the shoveling, and all that frigid and bone-chilling wind that goes right through you when it blows!
But while some of us like to commiserate with each other about the season, others embrace and celebrate it! The holidays of Christmas, Hanukkah, and New Year’s get some excited, while others go into hibernation and “weather” it for a few months.
For those who need an extra boost from time to time to get through the cold spells, here are 10 of the most popular cannabis strains to keep your spirits lifted! Keep in mind that our inventory changes daily, so if you see something that sparks your interest below, be sure to check our menuor call ahead to make sure it’s still available!
- White Widow – while you’re taking in the beauty of the blanket of pure white snow (after a fresh snowfall of course), and maybe dreaming of a white Christmas, you can make it more enjoyable with a white strain of cannabis called White Widow. It’s one of most beautiful strains with stunning white buds. It’s famous all over the world!
- Candyland – as anyone knows, the days between Christmas and Valentine’s Day are not only filled with celebrations, but candy too. It’s the sweetest time of the year, so while you’re indulging in your favorite holiday treat, add some Candyland, which is a sweet sativa strain that complements your other sweet indulgences.
- Northern Lights – okay, if anywhere is cold, it’s the Arctic region where the Northern Lights originate. But if you want to have a similar awe-inspiring experience, try this strain of the same name.
- Sour Tsunami – maybe you laced up the old ice skates and tried to do that triple lutz you once nailed back in the day…but this time it didn’t end so well. Sour Tsunami to the rescue. It has a high CBD content which can help you nurse and cope with your injuries while you’re healing by taking away the pain and allowing you to rethink ever trying that again.
- Jack Frost – try not to be misled by the name. You won’t get a case of frostbite with this strain. Quite the opposite. Jack Frost is obtained from cannabis strains that are cultivated in colder climes. So when you want a companion to accompany you walking around your winter wonderland, this is the one.
- Grandaddy Purple – keep a snow day from becoming a doomsday. If you find yourself climbing the walls because you’re snowed in and can’t get out to do things you needed to do, a little Grandaddy Purple cannabis strain can help take the edge off and calm you down so you can just relax and binge watch your favorite TV shows and movies while you just let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
- O.G. Kush – in many individuals, the onset of winter brings with it the onset of SAD, or Seasonal Affective Disorder. The condition makes people become depressed, overly stressed, and feeling sad because they can’t spend time outdoors. To help lessen the symptoms of SAD, O.G. Kush is one of the top strains that can help.
- Maui Wowie – like the name says, it’s all about tropical fun! Trying to endure months of cold, snowy, frigid weather can drive some people to seek refuge under a thick, cozy blanket. But a little Maui Wowie can transport your imagination to a warm, tropical paradise.
- LSD Weed Strain – don’t be confused by the name–there’s no LSD in this cannabis strain. But it does contain enough potency to lift you out of your winter doldrums and strip away the feeling of boredom, which can happen a lot during the long, cold winter.
- Lemon Haze – if you find yourself cooped up in the house with nowhere to go all day, the least you can do is perk up your surroundings with a nice scent. So if you don’t feel like lighting a dozen candles or running around your space with a can of scented spray, the cannabis strain of Lemon Haze will set off the smell of freshly peeled lemons, and give you all the feels too.
Whether you love winter or hate it, there’s no need to go through it without something to lighten your mood and keep you rolling right along. You’ve got plenty of choices for whatever frame of mind you’re in. Just pay a visit to one of our convenient dispensary locations for some guidance and advice on what would be good for you to try, and you’ll be on your way to facing the long winter with some great coping mechanisms!