An Illinois Medical Marijuana Dispensary in Chicago’s Wrigleyville & Rockford
MedMar has provided thousands of patients with the best medical marijuana recommendations, strains, and treatment plans since 2015. With the largest selection of medical cannabis options, industry leading consultants, and an understanding that all patient care starts with a connection, MedMar’s two medical marijuana dispensaries are just as focused on serving the community as they are serving the best cannabis.
Our patients define the success of our business. Begin the process of registering with the state, or contact MedMar via phone at 773-698-8182.
Meet Our Staff
MedMar’s staff is comprised of experienced professionals that include Illinois pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. Each has received additional training specific to medical cannabis.
We are here to provide you with any information you may need.
You can contact us via email at email@example.com or call us directly at Rockford location at 815.314.1900, or our Chicago location at 773.698.8182.
Treatment Starts With You
Taking the first steps towards treatment with medical cannabis can be intimidating. State forms, procedures, and regulations make it a difficult process for anyone. That’s where MedMar’s experienced and expert consultants step in. By helping you navigate the process of applying for your medical cannabis card, the staff at MedMar ensures you get the care you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
CAN I SUBMIT AN APPLICATION ONLINE?
Yes, you can submit an online application here: https://medicalcannabispatients.illinois.gov/
WHAT IS REQUIRED TO BECOME A REGISTERED PATIENT?
- Be a resident of the State of Illinois at the time of application and remain a resident during participation in the program;
- Have a qualifying debilitating medical condition;
- Have a signed physician certification (unless you are a veteran receiving medical care at a VA facility);
- Complete the fingerprint-based background check within 30 days of submitting your application and not have been convicted of an excluded offense (a felony under the Illinois Controlled Substances Act, Cannabis Control Act, or Methamphetamine Control and Community Protection Act, or similar provisions in a local ordinance or other jurisdiction), unless the Department waives such a conviction(s);
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Not hold a school bus permit or Commercial Driver’s License; and
- Not be an active duty law enforcement officer, correctional officer, correctional probation officer, or firefighter.
I HAVE A TERMINAL ILLNESS, IS THERE A SPECIAL PATIENT APPLICATION FOR ME?
Yes, here is a link for those who have a terminal illness and are seeking relief through the medical use of Cannabis.
WHAT ARE THE FEES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROGRAM?
The state of Illinois has a variety of fees that are associated with this program. They have provided an overall breakdown of these fees and other costs related to patient registration on this website.
HOW DO I REGISTER AS A PATIENT OF MEDMAR?
You should designate MedMar Rockford, Inc. as your dispensary of choice which is located in DISTRICT 16 on page 1 of the Patient Application Form. Once MedMar has opened its facility, you may visit and become registered with MedMar at the Rockford site, located within District 16. Specifics of this process are yet to be disclosed by the State of Illinois. We will keep you posted with updates via Facebook, or you can join our newsletter to get specific instructions via email.
WHO SHOULD BECOME A PATIENT OF MEDMAR?
Any qualified Illinois resident can become a patient of MedMar. You do NOT have to live in District 16 to register at the MedMar Rockford location, you can live anywhere in the state of Illinois. MedMar Rockford is centrally located and easily accessed via Interstate 90 and serves patients from residents of Boone, Jo Daviess, Stephenson, Winnebago counties and beyond.
Recent Blog Posts
Call your nearest location for information/assistance on obtaining your Illinois medical cannabis card.
If you have just received your medical cannabis card, come see us for your new patient consultation.